Faria Abdullah is an Indian actress who primarily works in the Telegu entertainment industry. In 2021, she appeared in the Telegu film Jati Ratnalu in which she played the role of Chitty.
Faria Abdullah was born on Thursday, 28 May 1998 (age 24 years; as of 2022) in Kuwait. She was raised in Hyderabad. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. Faria did her schooling at Bhavans School Atmakuri, Hyderabad and Meridian School, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. Soon after completing her schooling, she pursued a Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia and Mass Communication at Loyola Academy Degree PG College Hyderabad.
A childhood image of Faria Abdullah (right)
Faria was fascinated by dance since childhood. In an interview, Faria talked about this and said,
I would hear that my mom used to dance when she was carrying me; maybe that’s how my interest in dance began.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Faria Abdullah belongs to a Muslim family in Hyderabad.
Parents & Siblings
Faria Abdullah’s father, M. J. Abdullah, is a businessman.
Faria Abdullah and her father, M. J. Abdullah
Faria’s mother, Kausar Sultana, is a therapist. She has a younger sister named Inaya Abdullah.
Faria Abdullah’s mother (centre) and her sister Inaya Abdullah (right)
As of 2022, Faria Abdullah is unmarried.
Faria Abdullah follows Islam.
Before venturing into films, Faria Abdullah worked as a theatre artist. She has worked in more than fifty theatre plays and has collaborated with theatre groups like Samahaara Weekend Theatre Workshop, Kissago Theatre and Film Productions, and Nishumbita Ballet And Theatre Group. In an interview with a media house, Faria talked about this and said,
I have been a theater artist for almost seven years. Participated in more than fifty stage shows. That’s when an opportunity came in a web series called ‘Nakshatra’. So, camera ahead.Then I had collaborated with a few theatre groups like Samahaara Weekend Theatre Workshop, Kissago Theatre and Film Productions, Nishumbita Ballet And Theatre Group.”
Faria Abdullah in a still from her theatrical play Satranj Ke Khiladi
In 2021, she made her film debut with the Telegu-language film Jathi Ratnalu in which she played the role of Chitti. In the same year, she worked in the film Most Eligible Bachelor.
Faria Abdullah (right) as Chitti in a still from her Telegu-language film Jathi Ratnalu (2021)
In 2022, she appeared in the Telegu film Like Share and Subscribe in which she played the role of Vasudha Verma.
Faria Abdullah (left) as Vasudha Verma in a still from her Telegu film Like Share and Subscribe (2022)
In 2022, Faria Abdullah was nominated for South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Debutant Actress.
- Actor(s): Mahadh Fasil, Vijay Deverakonda
- In an interview, Faria said that she wanted to become a dancer since childhood. She said,
I was always inclined towards dance since childhood. But when I first saw it live, I was instantly hooked to this culture and wanted to be part of it. I even started attending jams, dance battles and gigs, and have been exploring more through the underground dance scenario. Soon, I felt like I belonged to this underground dance fraternity.”
- While pursuing her undergraduate degree at Loyola University, Hyderabad, Faria participated in a college cultural event where Telegu director Nag Ashwin participated as a guest. During the event, Nag Ashwin noticed Faria and later called her for an audition, following which she was selected for her debut film Jathi Ratnalu. In an interview, Faria talked about this and said,
While studying at Loyola College, director Nag Ashwin was the chief guest for a program. I gave a speech on stage. Then he called me and said ‘what do you want to be?’ asked. ‘I am a theater artist. If I get a good opportunity, I want to act in movies.’ Then one day he was called to audition. That’s how I got a chance in the movie ‘Jati Ratnalu’
- According to Faria, she was inclined towards fine arts during her schooling. After completing her Secondary School Examination, she wasn’t interested in pursuing a career in science or commerce stream due to which her mother arranged for her to attend school at home. In an interview, Faria talked about this and said,
After Class X, I didn’t want to take the MPC (maths, physics, chemistry), BiPC (biology, physics, chemistry) or commerce streams. My mother arranged for home-schooling: That gave me the freedom to learn what I wanted, from different teachers. I would travel to Kachiguda for painting classes and Lingampally for literature.”
- Besides being an actor, Faria is a painter. In 2018, she hand-painted a cafe in Hyderabad.
An Instagram post shared by Faria Abdullah about the cafe she painted
- Faria was the head girl of her school Bhavans School Atmakuri, Hyderabad.
Faria Abdullah’s mother shared a picture of Faria posing as a head girl at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad
- In 2022, Faria appeared on the cover of Tulip Magazine, a monthly lifestyle magazine in Hyderabad.
Faria Abdullah on the cover of Tulip magazine
- Faria has the words Veni Vidi Vici inked on her right forehand; the meaning of the words are I came, I saw, I conquered. She also has a circle tattoo on her ankle which means perfection, wholeness and totality.
Faria Abdullah’s tattoos
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Faria is an animal lover and has a pet cat named Sebastian. She often posts pictures of her pet cat on different social media accounts.
Faria Abdullah’s pet cat Sebastian