Kabir Duhan Singh is an Indian model and actor who is famous for his roles as a villain in Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada film industries. He has also worked in a few Bollywood films. He was a very famous model before starting his career as an actor and is known for training hard and chiselled physique.
Kabir Duhan Singh was born on Monday, 8 September 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) at Katwal village in Gohana Tehsil of Sonipat district in Haryana, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo. When he was 2 years old, his family moved to Faridabad, Haryana. He completed his schooling at Vidya Mandir Public School, Sector-15A, Faridabad. He completed his graduation from Delhi University in 2008 after which he started to pursue a career in modelling.
A childhood picture of Kabir Duhan Singh
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 44″, Waist 32″, Biceps 17″
He was born into a middle-class family.
Parents & Siblings
His father is a retired job professional, and his mother is a homemaker. He has two sisters and an elder brother named Anil Singh who is a software engineer and is married. He also has a niece.
Kabir Duhan Singh’s father, his mother, niece, Kabir Duhan Singh, his brother, and his sister-in-law (left to right)
Wife & Children
He is unmarried.
He had a five-year relationship with the popular Punjabi singer Dolly Sidhu from 2014. They met through a common friend in 2012.
He got engaged to the popular Punjabi singer Dolly Sidhu in a private ceremony in June 2019.
Kabir Duhan Singh with his fiance Dolly Sidhu
He follows Hinduism and is an ardent follower of Lord Shiva. He has completed the pilgrimage to the seven Jyotirlingas out of 12 in October 2022. He said in an interview that he is a very spiritual person and always visits the famous temples of different areas whenever he gets a chance.
Kabir Duhan Singh meditating in a Shiva temple
He belongs to the Duhan clan of the Jat community.
He started pursuing a career in modelling after completing his graduation in 2008. He used to watch videos on YouTube about the body language of a model. He started working as a model for various clothing brands. He approached many agencies with a few of his photos who advised him that he needed a portfolio to grab big opportunities in modelling; however, he did not have money as he belonged to a middle-class family. Hence, he started working at a call centre in 2008 to collect money and collected Rs 11,500 from the job after working for 1 month and 17 days and took Rs 500 from his father, who always supported him. He got his portfolio shoot done by noted Delhi photographer Rahul Dutta. He auditioned for Mr India in 2010 in Mumbai and reached the Top 10 stage, after which he came back to Delhi.
Two photos of Kabir Duhan Singh from the portfolio prepared by Delhi photographer Rahul Dutta
He then auditioned for Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai and was selected in the Top 6 stage. In 2011, he became a pool model for Lakme. This made him very popular among the modelling circuits of the country. In 2011, he shifted to Mumbai and went on a 3-month modelling assignment to Johannesburg, South Africa. He has worked in more than 350 fashion weeks and also for 10 consecutive seasons of Lakme Fashion Week.
A photo of Kabir Duhan Singh from his modelling days
He got his first role as an actor in a Hindi film starring Shiney Ahuja, which was later scrapped and not released. He became a stage actor to pursue his acting career and got his first role in 2015 as a North Indian villain named Chota Nayak in the Telugu film Jil starring Gopichand and Rashi Khanna. His role garnered the attention of viewers and praise from critics.
Kabir Duhan Singh during a scene in his debut movie Jil
He then acted as Munna Thakur in the Telugu film Kick 2 starring Ravi Teja and Rakul Preet Singh, which was released in 2015. He then made his debut in Tamil Industry in 2015 as Abhinay with the film Vedalam starring Ajith Kumar, Lakshmi Menon, and Shruti Haasan. In 2016, he worked as Pandu Bhai in the Telugu film Dictator starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Anjali, and Sonal Chauhan, as Dhanu in the Telugu film Sardar Gabbar Singh starring Pawan Kalyan and Kajal Aggarwal, and as Chezhiyan in the Tamil film Rekka starring Vijay Sethupathi, Lakshmi Menon, and Sija Rose. In 2017, he worked as Devraj/D.R. in the Telugu film Patel S. I. R. starring Jagapathi Babu and Tanya Hope and made his debut in the Kannada film industry as Kabir in the film Hebbuli starring Kichcha Sudeep and Amala Paul. In 2018, he acted as Viswa’s business rival in the Telugu film Saakshyam starring Bellamkonda Sreenivas and Pooja Hegde. In 2019, he acted as Tony in the Telugu film Pehlwaan starring Sudeepa Kichcha, Suniel Shetty, and Sushant Singh, as Bhavani in the Tamil film Kanchana 3 starring Raghava Lawrence, Oviya, and Nikki Tamboli, and as Vikram Jeyaraj in the Tamil film Aruvam starring Siddharth and Catherine Tresa.
Poster of Kabir Duhan Singh’s film Pailwaan in which he acted as Tony
In 2020, he made his debut in Bollywood as a villain in the film Khaali Peeli starring Ishaan Khatter, Ananya Pandey, and Jaideep Ahlawat. In 2021, he acted as Manssor in the Hindi film Bole Chudiyan starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tamannaah Bhatia, and Rajpal Yadav which was scheduled to be released in 2023. In 2022, he acted as Kabir in the film Saakini Daakini starring Regina Cassandra and Nivetha Thomas. The same year, he also started shooting as Electro Man in the Supergirl film Indrani starring Yaanea Bharadwaj.
Poster of Kabir Duhan Singh’s film Indrani in which he acted as Electro Man
In 2023, he acted as Vikram Singh in the Telugu film starring Sudheer Babu, as King Asura in the Telugu film Shaakuntalam starring Samantha and Dev Mohan, and in the Kannada film Kabzaa starring Upendra and Shriya Saran. In 2023, he also started shooting for his debut Malayalam film ARM (Ajayante Randam Moshanam) based on the 18th century which also stars Tovino Thomas.
He made his debut in the web series as Raavan in the web series Ramyug which streamed on MX Player in 2021. To prepare for his role as Raavan, he read Raavan Samhita to under his personality.
Poster of Kabir Duhan Singh’s web series Ramyug
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Negative Role at South Indian International Movie Awards for Supreme (2016) in 2017 (Telugu) and for Pehlwaan (2019) in 2020 (Kannada)
- SouthScope’s Emerging Actor of the Year Award, Hyderabad in 2017
- Awarded Pride of Haryana at Haryana Garima Awards 2019
Kabir Duhan Singh’s father received the Pride of Haryana award on his behalf at Haryana Garima Awards 2019
- Best Villian Award 2019-20
Kabir Duhan Singh with his Best Villian Award 2019-20
- Iconic Handsome villain Award 2021 by Perfect Achievers Award
He owns a Royal Enfield Motorcycle.
Kabir Duhan riding his Royal Enfield bike
- He likes to drink lemon tea.
- He tested positive for Covid-19 during the second wave of Covid-19 in Mumbai. He meditated and listened to devotional songs while recovering from the virus.
- In an interview, he said that he starts his day by drinking 500 mL of water and 30 minutes of Pranayama. He also revealed that he watches BTS videos on YouTube before sleeping at night.
- He sometimes listens to Bhojpuri songs and Dhinchak Pooja‘s songs to alleviate his mood.
- He credited his father as the pillar of support in his journey. He said in an interview that his father told him to never lose hope while pursuing his dreams and also told him to never change and always stay humble.
- He uses natural products for skin care like Multani Mitti and Aloe Vera for skin care and curd for his hair.
- He follows a very strict gym routine and diet plan which includes fruits, nuts, and dry fruits and stays away from processed fruits.
Kabir Duhan Singh doing Yoga
- He helped various people during the Covid-19 pandemic and provided monetary and social help to the affected people.
- He supported farmers protesting against the government to repeal the farmer laws implemented in 2020 and posted several messages on his social media during the protests.
- He is an avid martial arts fan and trains in different forms of martial arts including boxing, grappling, and Kalaripayattu.
Kabir Duhan Singh practising Martial Arts
- In an interview, he said that he has postponed his wedding to his fiance Dolly Sidhu twice in 2020 and 2021. He also said that he wants to have a destination wedding in Goa; however, he is unsure if that will happen.
- He is known for training intensely for playing different roles. For his role as a boxer Tony in the film Pehlwaan, he trained for four months. For his role as King Asura in the Telugu film Shaakuntalam, he wore headgear weighing 18 kg and jewellery, shoulder, and chest protectors which were also very heavy. He also sustained a few bruises while shooting for the film.
Kabir Duhan Singh training for Pehlwaan film
- He has a tattoo on his left forearm.
Kabir Duhan Singh’s left forearm tattoo