Kanishka Soni is an Indian television actress who is known for her role as Daisaa’s daughter-in-law in the television show Diya Aur Baati Hum on StarPlus. In 2022, she came to the limelight after she married herself and performed a sologamy marriage after Kshama Bindu.
Kanishka Soni was born on Sunday, 16 August 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She completed her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad. She pursued an MBA degree in finance at Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune, a postgraduate degree in finance at Institute of Business Studies & Research, Mumbai, and Yoga Teacher Training at Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center, Rishikesh.
Height: 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 33-25-33
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about her family. She had a brother, who is no more.
Kanishka Soni with her mother
On 6 August 2022, she took to Instagram to announce that she performed a sologamy marriage. In an Instagram post, she wrote,
Married to myself since I fulfilled all my dreams my own & the only person I am in love with is MYSELF answer to all questions I am getting I don’t need any Man Ever .. I am happy always alone & in solitude with my guitar I am the goddess, Strong & Powerful, Shiva & Shakti everything is inside ME, Thank you.”
Kanishka Soni’s Instagram post about her marriage
Kanishka follows Hinduism.
Kanishka Soni performing Hindu rituals
Kanishka Soni’s signature
Kanishka started her career in 2007 with the singing show Bathroom Singer on Filmy Tv.
Kanishka Soni in the show Bathroom Singer (2007)
She appeared as a contestant and guest in the reality shows Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 (2009), Exhausted with VJ Juhi (2009), and Rakhi Ka Swayamwar (2009). She appeared in various mythological dramas including Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev (2012) as Princess Revati, Sankatmorchan Hanumaan (2012) as Saraswati Devi and Maa Parvati, Mahabharat (2015) as Parashvi; Vidur’s Wife, Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap (2015), and Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman (2016) as Sumitra.
Kanishka Soni in the mythological show Mahabharat (2015)
She appeared in various television dramas including Baal Veer (2012), Gumrah: End of Innocence (2013), MTV Webbed (2014), SuperCops vs Supervillains (2015), and Savdhaan India (2016).
Kanishka Soni in the television show ‘Baal Veer’
She appeared in television shows Pavitra Rishta (2012), Firangi Bahu (2014), Kullfi Kumarr Bajewala (2018), and Devi Adi Parashakti (2020).
Kanishka Soni in the television show Pavitra Rishta
Kanishka started her career in 2012 with the Telugu film Devaraya.
Kanishka Soni in the film Devaraya
She appeared in other South Indian films including Pathayeram Kodi (2013) and Yuvrajayam (2014).
Kanishka Soni in the Tamil film ‘Pathayeram Kodi’
She appeared in the Bollywood film Paisa Ho Paisa (2015).
Kanishka Soni in the film Paisa Ho Paisa (2015)
Apart from acting in films, she sang a song for the movie M.A. PASS (2022).
Poster of the movie M.A. PASS
She also owns a singing company named ‘Kaso Muzik.’
She appeared in television advertisements for Huggies diaper, Shriram cement, Slicer and Dicer Tele. She appeared in the print advertisement for LIC, Provo Glasses and JULIET Punjabi dresses.
Kanishka Soni in the print ad of provo glasses
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- 2015: Gorwanta Gujarati award for contribution to the Indian Entertainment industry
Kanishka Soni posing with Gorwanta Gujarati award
- 2015: Multi-talented beauty title by The Times of India
Kanishka Soni given Multi- talented beauty title by The Times of India
- 2016: Women’s achievement award
- 2016: Roshan Sitare award
- In 2020, she joined the Republican Party of India as a vice president.
- Kanishka follows a vegetarian diet.
Kanishka Soni’s Instagram post about her eating habits
- When she was in school, she used to have active participation in extracurricular activities like dancing, singing, drama and sports. In an interview, she said that she never thought of becoming an actor, but through her hard work, she became successful.
Kanishka Soni during her teenage years
- Before entering the entertainment industry, she worked as an assistant in the account and admin department at HPK Creation from 2007 to 2018.
- In 2019, she joined Ankit Krishna and sons private limited as an admin and account manager.
- She gained a lot of popularity after working in south Indian films. In an interview, she talked about her experience and said,
Being part of the south entertainment industry has helped me learn acting. I’m happy to have work experience with popular stars like Srikant in ‘Devaraya’, Vivekanandan, known professionally as Vivek, in movie ‘Pathayeram Kodi’ and also with S. S. Rajamouli sir. All those experiences today are helping me to get Hollywood projects.”
- She volunteers in social work and donates clothes to an NGO named ‘Rescue Foundation’ in Mumbai. In an interview, she talked about her social activity and her association with the NGO and said,
I have been associated with this foundation since last 4-5 years. I donate them clothes and financially help them and whatever I can do. I also try to help them in other ways and go in weekends to their kandivali branch and spend time with them. It gives me happiness when i see smile on their faces. They are very talented and I Sing and dance along with them to spread some smile on their faces. It’s very sad to know that how they are thrown into forced prostitution with girls as young as 5 to 8 years old.”
Kanishka Soni with the girls of NGO
- Kanishka left the Indian television industry in 2021 and started working on International projects because she thought that there was no job security in India. She appeared in an international project, a short film ‘Choice Is Your.’ In an interview, she talked about the project and said,
I always dreamed of becoming an actress. Earlier in India, I enjoyed a lot of fame for my work but finally I realised that it’s time to do something bigger. It was not an easy decision to quit acting in Indian projects when I was at peak. But with the amount of love and appreciation I’m enjoying here. I feel lucky that I switched over and don’t regret it at all.”
Kanishka Soni in the short film ‘Choice Is Your’
- She has a Buddha tattoo on the left side of her back.
Kanishka Soni’s tattoo
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
Kanishka Soni posing with a dog
Thank you for reading the Kanishka Soni Wiki, Height, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More by TheStarsHuB Hope You like the article, Do share on social media like Facebook, twitter etc.