Madhyama Segal is an Indian actress and Indian classical dancer. She is the great-granddaughter of the legendary dancer and actress Zohra Sehgal. In 2023, she appeared in Netflix’s crime drama TV series ‘Class.’ which is an adaptation of the 2018 Spanish drama series ‘Elite.’
Madhyama Segal was born on 28 October 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022). Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She studied History in college. Her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, trained her in the Odissi dance form.
A childhood image of Madhyama Segal
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Madhyama Segal has got many tattoos inked on his body.
- On her waist: A bow and an arrow
Madhyama Segal’s tattoo on her waist
- On her right wrist: ‘Unfold your own myth’
Madhyama Segal’s tattoo on her right hand’s wrist
- On her left arm: Vintage monogram design
Madhyama Segal’s tattoo on her left hand
- On her left hand’s middle finger: Three rings
Madhyama Segal’s tattoo on her left hand’s middle finger
- On her left foot: A vintage star tattoo
Madhyama Segal’s tattoo on her left foot
She has got her nose pierced on both sides.
Madhyama Segal’s nose piercings
Madhyama Segal belongs to a family of actors and dancers in New Delhi.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother, Sujata Segal, is an Indian actress and has worked in many TV shows and films. Sujata had Madhyama when she was 21 years old. Later, the couple got divorced. She moved from Delhi to Chennai after she got married for the second time; however, the couple got separated. Sujata Segal has worked in many films including ‘Yuva’ (2004), ‘Black Friday’ (2004), ‘Nazar’ (2005), ‘Heroine’ (2012), and ‘Namaste Wahala’ (2020).
Madhyama Segal with her mother
She is unmarried.
Zohra Sehgal, a veteran Indian actress, was the maternal great-grandmother of Madhyama Segal. Zohra Sehgal died of old age on 10 July 2014. Zohra Sehgal received Padma Shri in 1998. She worked in many Hindi and English language films including ‘Dharti Ke Lal’ (1946), ‘Heer’ (1956), ‘The Long Duel’ (1967), ‘The Vengeance of She’ (1968), ‘Dil Se..’ (1998), and ‘Veer-Zaara’ (2004).
Zohra Segal with Kiran Segal, Sujata Segal, and Madhyama Segal (From left – great-granddaughter Madhyama, daughter Kiran, and granddaughter Sujata)
Her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, is an Indian classical dancer, who is professionally trained in Odissi.
Madhyama Segal with her mother and grandmother (from left – Madhyama Segal, Kiran Segal, and Sujata Segal)
She is a trained Odissi dancer and has performed on stage.
Madhyama Segal performing Odissi on stage
She also practices contemporary dance forms and teaches dance students. In 2021, she started contemporary dance classes on weekends for beginners.
Poster for contemporary dance class by Madhyama Segal
She often teaches dance at various dance studios and workshops. She is a member of Allstars Studio and in 2019, she organised a dance workshop at Allstar Studio.
Announcement poster of a collab workshop at Allstar Studio
In 2020, she performed in the music video of the song ‘Paayal’ by rapper VOID.
She has worked in many theatrical productions. In 2023, he played the role of Saba Manzoor in Netflix’s Hindi TV series ‘Class.’
Poster of the 2023 Netflix TV series ‘Class’
- When she was a kid, she played the role of a monkey (Vanar Sena) in Ramleela.
Madhyama Segal after working with her mother and grandmother in a Ramleela stage play
- In an interview, she revealed that she likes sewing.
- In 2014, India International Centre (IIC) and Pallavi Odissi Nritya Sangeet Vidyalaya run by her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, organised an event in memory of her mother, Zohra Sehgal, in which she presented Madhyama Segal a brief Odissi recital conducted by Kiran Segal.
Madhyama Segal performing a brief Odissi recital in 2014
- She performed at Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Rabindra Pranati Festival, the Khajuraho dance festival, and the Konark Dance Festival. She has also performed abroad including in China and Singapore. She also performed under the aegis of ICCR’s tribute to Africa.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
Non-vegetarian dish posted by Madhyama Segal on social media
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.
Madhyama Segal drinking alcohol