Navaan Sandhu is an Indian singer, lyricist, and composer, who primarily works in the Punjabi music industry. He is popularly known for his songs such as Straight Outta Majha, 2 Asle, and Hanji Hanji.
Navaan Sandhu was born on Tuesday, 8 August 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended Guru Nanak Dev University in Amritsar. He got his vocal training from folk singer Gurmeet Bawa Sangeet Academy.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
On his right arm: A compass, pocket watch, and a tribal woman’s face
Navaan Sandhu’s tattoo on his right forearm
Parents & Siblings
Navaan Sandhu has a sister.
Navaan Sandhu is unmarried.
He follows Sikhism.
Sandhu started his career in 2018 as a composer of the song Sardaar Bandey, which was sung by Jordan Sandhu ft. Manni Sandhu. In 2018, he made his debut as a singer with a song titled In Demand, which also featured Manni Sandhu.
A poster of the song In Demand, sung by Navaan Sandhu and Manni Sandhu
In 2020, he came out with the song ‘Takeover’ featuring Amar Sandhu and another song ‘Mann Di Nahi’ featuring EZU, both the songs were released on Collab Creations. Later, he released several Punjabi songs including Ziddi Generation, Straight Outta Majha, 2 Asle, 24/7, Drip Too Hard, Hanji Hanji, Stand, and Taaz. In 2021, he released a song titled Sukh on his official youtube channel. Later that year, he came out with a song titled Black Life ft. Aneet Chohan, which turned out to be one of his biggest hit songs.
Poster of the song Black Life (2021)
On 27 January 2023, Navaan released an album titled Relentless, which consists of several songs including Hood Famous, Done Talking, and Example.
Navaan Sandhu’s Relentless album cover (2023)
- Netflix show(s): You, Money Heist
- Book: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- In an interview, while talking about his early career days, Navaan said,
I have been waiting for a very long time and have been working for the last 10 years. I spent 4 years in a single room for music only. I practised hard. I used to write and I left my friends all because of music. Whilst living in Amritsar I have been working with so many artists.”
- He was inspired by music from the United Kingdom.
- One of Navaaan’s hobbies includes painting.
- In an interview, he revealed that had he not become a singer, he would be a volleyball player.
- In an interview, while talking about his career goals, Sandhu said,
Releasing a masterpiece album and floating my own merchandise.”
- In an interview, on being asked which singer would Sandhu love to collaborate with, he said Pav Dharia.
- In an interview, he revealed that he would like to date a Polish girl.
- His ideal place for a romantic date is Santorini in Greece.
- During an interview, he described himself as a passionate artist.
- He loves branded things and considers a room dedicated to shoes as a “must-have” in his wardrobe.