Authorities in Tennessee revealed on Tuesday that at least 10,000 miles had been logged by those searching for missing teenager Sebastian Rogers.
The 15-year-old has not been seen since he went to bed on 25 February in Hendersonville, with his mother and stepfather reporting him missing the following morning.
Now we have had insight from the Sumner County Emergency Communications Centre, where officials said that around 1,500 people have been involved in the search and investigation so far.
On Monday night, we heard from the boy’s parents, with his father saying he was not giving up hope of finding his son, despite there being no sign for four weeks.
“I still can’t figure it out. I’ve been looking everywhere, handing out flyers,” A teary Mr Rogers told News Nation.
Sebastian’s mother, meanwhile, believes someone took him.
Key points
Show latest update
What have investigators said?
There has not been an official update from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation since Friday.
At that point, over 240 tips had been received on the case, with locals urged to keep checking their properties and vehicles.
Investigators have also been re-interviewing people and checking over evidence gathered so far.
“Any information you may have about Sebastian…what he likes to do, where he likes to go, people he may know…if it can help us find Sebastian, please let us know,” the TBI said in its update.
The bureau urged people to use the tip line at 1-800-TBI-FIND to provide any relevant information they may have, or to email TipsToTBI@tbi.tn.gov.
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 19:32
Investigators say they have seen ‘no sign’ of Sebastian
Reporting from the Emergency Operations Centre in Sumner County on Tuesday showed the vast area searched already for Sebastian.
Local News Channel 5 reporter Nick Beres spoke with the centre’s director Ken Weidner, who explained that hundreds of people had been involved in the search for the 15-year-old.
“We’ve got close to 1,500 searchers… the first two days we logged 2,000 search miles,” Mr Weidner said, adding that there had still been no sign of Sebastian.
“We’re not stopping, we’re working on leads and information from TBI and the Sheriff’s Office and we’ve got teams on standby ready to go right now.”
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 18:22
ICYMI: Father speaks of breakdown in communication with mother, stepdad
Seth Rogers wiped away tears as he spoke of his month-long search for his boy in an interview on Monday night:
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 17:54
Sebastian had never left home alone before
Sebastian’s mother Katie Proudfoot said in an interview with Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on Monday that he was never one to wander off.
“We haven’t had issues with him running or taking off in the past,” Ms Proudfoot said, whilst also explaining that he had not really socialised with school friends.
The mother said she did not typically check on Sebastian throughout the night, now, as he had gotten older.
The prevailing theory is that Sebastian left the home of his own accord, barefoot, sometime in the night.
Nancy Grace repeatedly asked them about details on the lighting around the house and whether there was any evidence of Sebastian having left the home, which the couple said they did not have.
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 16:56
Pictured: 15-year-old missing for a month
Sebastian Rogers has not been seen in four weeks. He was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants.
Sebastian Rogers was last seen before bed on 25 February 2024
(TBI)
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 16:45
Sebastian’s mother, stepfather address leaving town
During their interview with Crime Stories with Nancy Grace, Sebastian’s mother and stepfather, Katie and Chris Proudfoot, addressed the reports they had packed up and left the home their son disappeared from:
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 15:55
Sebastian’s father says he has not spoken to mother, stepfather
In an interview with News Nation, Sebastian’s father Seth Rogers said that he had not been able to speak with his son’s mother and stepfather for around two weeks.
“I haven’t spoken to them for two weeks. They’re not talking to me,” Mr Rogers said on Katie and Chris Proudfoot, whose home Sebastian disappeared from on 26 February.
The boy, who has high-functioning autism, has not been seen since his mom sent him to bed the night before.
Mr Rogers has been seen out searching for his son, saying that his disappearance just doesn’t make sense.
“His shoes (were at) the front door. His (Nintendo) Switch was there. His phone was in the kitchen,” Mr Roger said. “I still can’t figure it out. I’ve been looking everywhere, handing out flyers.”
The father wiped away tears as he said he had been looking for his son for a month.
“I’m just trying to keep up hope,” the dad said.
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 14:45
United Cajun Navy organising search efforts
The United Cajun Navy said it had received a huge amount of donations, including equipment and food, to aid in the search for Sebastian.
However, due to unsafe weather conditions in the area, the planned rallying point in Hendersonville has been suspended for Tuesday.
“We’re still mobilizing and coordinating behind the scenes but UCN will not be at 90 Volunteer Drive today, so please hold donations for the time being. Thank you for understanding!” Riley Lively, a UCN organiser, said on Facebook.
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 14:10
ICYMI: Missing Sebastian Rogers’ mother believes someone has her son
The mother of an autistic boy missing in Tennessee says she believes someone must have her son, after four weeks of searching.
Katie Proudfoot told Crime Stories with Nancy Grace that she couldn’t understand how Sebastian Rogers, who is 15, couldn’t have been found yet otherwise.
Read the full story here:
Mike Bedigan26 March 2024 09:00
Over 2,000 square miles searched
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, who are leading the search, many areas were searched at least twice in the first few days following Sebastian’s disappearance.
“Sebastian’s residence, the yard, the house, the vehicles, have all been searched multiple times. The neighbourhood where Sebastian lives has been canvassed,” the TBI said in an update. “Neighbors’ houses have been searched. Sebastian is autistic, and his family says he is drawn to water.
“Pools in the neighbourhood were searched. Dive teams were brought in, and bodies of water around the neighbourhood and beyond that area were searched, including caves.”
The TBI said nothing so far from security camera footage had been useful, but that all tips were being investigated.
Dan Gooding26 March 2024 07:30
