Ajay Hooda is an Indian singer and model who is popular for singing Haryanavi songs. He has sung popular songs like Kamar Teri Left Right Hale (2022), Solid Body (2022), and Taagdi (2022).
Ajay Hooda was born on Tuesday, 6 October 1981 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Khilwadi, Rohtak, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Libra. He pursued his graduation at Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut and a doctorate degree at International Internship University.
Ajay Hooda with his doctorate degree
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Ajay’s father’s name is Daya Singh Hooda.
Ajay Hooda’s father’s image
Ajay Hooda with his mother
His sister’s name is Kajal.
Ajay Hooda with his sister
Wife & Children
The name of his wife is not known. His son’s name is Aryan.
Ajay Hooda with his son
He made his acting debut with the Punjabi film Parahuna 2 (2022).
Poster of the film ‘Parahuna 2’
In 2014, he released his first song Patola.
Ajay Hooda in the song ‘Patola’
He has sung other Haryanvi songs like Fan Main Hukka Ka (2018), Bhundi Bhundi Galiya (2022), Rohtak Ke Mele Mein (2022), Kamar Teri Left Right Hale (2022), and Suna Pada Saman (2022).
Poster of the song ‘Kamar Teri Left Right Hale’
In 2021, Ajay attracted controversy when Delhi Police filed a case against Ajay for singing a controversial song on the farmer’s movement. Ajay talked about this in a video he posted on Facebook and said,
If there is one FIR against me, the Farmers Protest gets enthusiasm, then even if there are 10 such FIRs, it is not a bad thing. I will not go on the backfoot till my last breath. I will not back down until the farmer’s movement ends. This is a battle of crops and breeds. Till the government’s bill is not returned, the farmers will not return home.”
2022: International Lyricist Award
Ajay Hooda receiving International Lyricist Award
- Travel Destination(s): Singapore, Jaipur
- Ajay was 18 years old when he joined the Indian army in 2002 after completing his studies. He served in the army for 15 years and retired in 2017. He started receiving a pension after 2017. He used to practice boxing while serving in the army and won a silver medal in World Army Boxing Championship.
Ajay Hooda while serving the army
- In an interview, he said he joined the army very early and was unable to pursue his higher studies.
- He started his singing career when he was in the army. He used to write and sing raginis and present them in front of his fellow officers who appreciated him a lot. In 2011 and 2012, he released two albums which did not gain much fame.
- In 2014, when he released the song ‘Patola’ he came to the limelight.
- In an interview, he revealed that when he performed his first stage show with Sapna Choudhary in 2015 on the song ‘Solid Body,’ he was really nervous.
Ajay Hooda with Sapna Choudhary on a stage show
- He started his career with the singer Manjaeet Panchal who is also considered his guru.
- In 2021, he released the songs Zindabad Kisani and Modi Ji Hum Dilli Aayenge to support the farmers who were sitting on protests in Delhi. In an interview, he talked about his support and said,
Seeing the spirit of the youth during the farmers’ movement, Shaheed Bhagat Singh is seen in them. When I got a chance to do something for the movement against agriculture law, I did it.”
Ajay Hooda during farmers’ protest
- In 2022, he gained a lot of fame after the release of his song Kamar Teri Left Right Hale with Sandeep Surila under the album Ajay Hooda Blockbuster Songs. The song received more than 64.6 million views and over 6.1 million likes.
- In 2022, the Delhi traffic police held a chalan to Ajay for performing stunts and making reels on his car in Gurgoan.
- In an interview, he revealed that when he is not doing anything he likes to do farming and taking care of the cows.
- According to him, he always works out and does not drink or smoke to stay fit.