Harsh Gujral is an Indian stand-up comedian and YouTuber. He is well-known for performing in different cities in India and abroad with his comedy show, “Jo Bolta Hai, Wohi Hota Hai.”
Harshdeep Gujral was born on Friday, 17 September 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo. Harsh completed his schooling at St. Joseph’s Senior Secondary School in Kanpur. He pursued engineering at Inderprastha Engineering College in Uttar Pradesh.
Harsh Gujral during his school days
Height (approx.): 6′
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Harsh Gujral belongs to a Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
Harsh’s father, B L Gujral, is a lawyer. His mother, Savita Gujral, is a homemaker. Harsh has three elder sisters, Pooja Gujral, Aarti Gujral, and Deepti Gujral.
Harsh Gujral parents, B L Gujral and Savita Gujral
Harsh Gujral is unmarried.
In 2012, Harsh started his career with the company RateGain in Noida as a database engineer. Later, he worked with a few companies like HCL, IBM, and TCS. Along with the corporate job, Harsh used to perform in open mic shows and comedy gigs. While working in a company, Harsh was asked to relocate to London for a year to perform in some comedy shows. After coming back from London, Harsh hosted his company’s fest in India following which he got inclined towards doing crowd work comedy. Consequently, he quit his job to pursue his career as a full-time comedian. To begin with, he started performing comedy gigs at the comedy club Canvas Laugh Club.
Harsh Gujral performing at the Canvas Laugh Club
Additionally, he started performing in various cities in India with his comedy show titled, “Jo Bolta Hai, Wohi Hota Hai.”
Harsh Gujral while performing in his comedy show, Jo Bolta Hai, Wohi Hota Hai
Along with performing in a few comedy clubs, Harsh created a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posted various comedy videos; the channel has more than 1 million subscribers. In 2019, Harsh uploaded the first video on his YouTube channel, titled “Indian Reality Shows,” which became a massive hit as the video amassed 1 million views within four days of its release. His other famous YouTube comedy videos include Shaadi Ke Rasmein (2019), Kanpur & River Ganga (2020), and Sasta Vicky Kaushal (2020).
Harsh Gujral in the YouTube video Kanpur & River Ganga (2020)
His video, Shadi Ki Rasmein, garnered over 21 million views on YouTube. In 2021, he collaborated with the stand-up comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi for the video, titled Harsh & Bassi Unleashed; the video garnered around 28 million views on YouTube.
Harsh Gujral and Anubhav Singh Bassi (right) in a still from the video Harsh & Bassi Unleashed on YouTube
In February 2022, Harsh Gujral made his television debut with the comedy show Good Night India on Sony SAB.
Harsh Gujral in a still from his debut television comedy show Good Night India (2022) on Sony SAB
In March 2023, he appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony TV.
Harsh Gujral (left) with Kapil Sharma on the sets of The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony TV
Criticised for talking rudely to a woman
In January 2023, Harsh Gujral uploaded a video on his Instagram handle, captioned as “Sharaab peeke mere show me hahahahaha……suno mai Jyada “HIGH” rehta hu stage pe.” In the video, Harsh addressed a woman in an offensive and unpleasant way following which he was badly trolled by the netizens. A few users commented on the post, which read,
Jis crowd se paisa ata hai! Us crowd work me crowd ki ijjat krle bhai. irrespective of gender.”
Another Instagram user wrote,
Good but didn’t like ur rough language .. especially when you talking to a female.”
Harsh owns a Mahindra Thar.https://news4buffalo.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Harsh-Gujrals-Mahindra-Thar-300×300.jpg 300w, 150w, 65w” sizes=”(max-width: 347px) 100vw, 347px” />
Harsh Gujral posing with his Mahindra Thar
- Harsh is often referred to as “Sasta Vicky Kaushal” and “Garibo Ke Vicky Kaushal” due to his resemblance with the Indian actor Vicky Kaushal.
- Harsh has a pet dog, Oreo, and he often shares pictures of his pet on social media.
Harsh Gujral with his pet dog, Oreo
- Harsh was invited to do commentary on a match during the Indian Premier League 2021 on Disney+ Hotstar.
Harsh Gujral while doing commentary for a match during IPL 2021
- On 23 May 2022, Ayushmann Khurrana made his stand-up comedy debut with Harsh Gujral in the video titled, Stand Up for Anek on YouTube.
- Harsh is well-known for sharing a cordial relationship with the Indian stand-up comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi.
Harsh Gujral (right) with Anubhav Singh Bassi
- Harsh is fond of playing cricket.
- In an interview, on being asked about his inspiration towards pursuing comedy as a career, Harsh stated that he was immensely inspired by the Indian stand-up comedian and actor Kapil Sharma.
- In June 2022, Harsh performed for around 1600 people at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi.
- Apart from performing in India, Harsh has performed in various other countries like Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, etc.
- Harsh has more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
- Harsh workouts regularly to keep himself fit.