Varsha Bollamma is an Indian actor. She works mostly in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu films. She was initially recognised for her video in which she was delivering dialogues from a Tamil language film ‘Raja Rani’ (2013).
Varsha Bollamma was born on Sunday, 30 July 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Coorg (now Kodagu), Karnataka.
Varsha’s childhood picture
She grew up in Bangalore. Varsha graduated in microbiology from Mount Carmel College in Bangalore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-26-32
Varsha Bollamma belongs to a family from Karnataka.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Shanthy Bollamma, and her father’s name is Madhu Maletira. Her brother, Vyshaak Aiyappa Maletira, is a singer.
Varsha Bollamma with her mother, Shanthy Bollamma
Varsha’s brother, Vyshaak Aiyappa Maletira, and father, Madhu Maletira
Varsha Bollamma with her brother, Vyshaak Aiyappa Maletira
Husband & Children
Varsha Bollamma is unmarried.
In 2012, Varsha Bollamma made her debut with a Tamil language film ‘Theni Maavattam.’ She made her debut in the Mollywood film industry in 2018 with the film ‘Kalyanam’ in which she played the role of Shari.
Varsha Bollamma as Shari in the film ‘Kalyanam’ (2018)
In 2020, Varsha appeared in the Telugu language debut film ‘Choosi Choodangaane’ as Shruthi.
A poster of the film ‘Choosi Choodangaane’ (2020) – Varsha Bollamma with co-star, Shiva Kandukuri
Varsha has appeared in many other films such as ‘Vetrivel’ (Tamil) in 2016, ‘Ivan Yarendru Therikiratha’ (Tamil) in 2017, ‘Mandharam’ (Malayalam) in 2018, ‘Stand Up Rahul’ (Telugu) in 2022 and ‘Swathi Muthyam’ (Telugu) in 2022.
Varsha Bollamma (as Bhagya Lakshami) and co-star (as Bala Murali Krishna) – a still from the film ‘ Swathy Muthyam’ (2022)
Poster of the film ‘Stand Up Rahul’ (2022)
- Varsha has a separate social media handle in which she posts those pictures which she has clicked herself.
- Varsha Bollamma has a tattoo of “Maa” inked on her right hand.
Varsha Bollamma’s tattoo
- Varsha is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named ‘Hachiko.’ She brought it home during the lockdown.
Varsha Bollamma with her pet dog, Hachiko
- Following the suspicious death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, Varsha promoted a suicide prevention and counselling centre named ‘Aasra.’ In an interview, Varsha talked about it and said that she wanted to help the sufferers of mental health issues. While talking about this, Varsha said,
I put this up on the day Sushanth Singh Rajput passed away. There could be many with mental health issues and not knowing whom to call for help. I wanted to do something even if it benefits a few people.”
- In an interview, Varsha revealed that being an actor was her priority, and she wanted to become an actor since she was five. According to her, she was suggested by her mother, Shanthi Bollamma, to study engineering. Varsha, however, liked studying biological sciences.
- Varsha is well-versed in Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam languages.
- According to Varsha, whenever it comes to working in films of other languages, she tries to dub for herself as she feels incomplete as an actor without dubbing herself for the films. While talking about this in an interview, Varsha said,
I feel incomplete as an actor if I don’t dub for myself. The dubbing artiste might do a great job but I like to do it myself, and do it well. I’ve dubbed in Tamil, Kannada and Telugu for Choosi Choodangaane. I developed cold feet for my Malayalam films.”